The school does not have access to parent passwords.
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year. We are so very proud you are a Central High Warrior! Please read the following instructions and tips as you begin to pick your courses for 2018-2019:
- All rising 10th, 11th, and 12th graders must complete a survey at the appropriate link below in order for his/her schedule to be uploaded.
- Course selections can be accessed through the student’s or parent’s Powerschool username and password at https://scstn.powerschool.com/public/
- Sign into your account.
- Click on Class Registration from the left menu bar
- Under each category, click the edit button on the far right to see the list of classes to choose from.
- Everyone must choose an English class. You need 4 total to graduate and one each year.
- Everyone must choose a math. This is state law. You need 4 math credits to graduate that are all taken from grades 9-12, including Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, and an advanced math. Advanced math classes are dependent upon a student’s ACT score and the work ethic demonstrated in Algebra II.
- Everyone must pick 7 courses. Seniors are allowed one credit Study Hall or one credit Teacher Assistant as part of their 7 selections. If an addition non-credit period is needed, you will need to see your counselor.
- Non-credit courses will be in limited supply. Central High’s goal is to make sure you are college and career ready, not just to walk across the stage with a regular diploma. Your schedule will reflect that. “I don’t need it” is no longer a valid excuse for not taking a class.
- Specialty courses such as Advanced Placement, Dual Credit, Vocal Music, and ROTC have been added by guidance and will appear under your account. If yours is missing or if you choose to remove it, you must speak with the appropriate teacher or sponsor. If your name has been submitted not to return to the next level of a course, such as ROTC or choir, even if you choose the class as a request, the system WILL NOT schedule you.
- Graduation policy is as follows:
Other Requirements and Notes
English I, II, III, IV
|4||1. All 22 credits must be completed in high school. (Grades 9-12)|
Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Higher Math
|4||2. Grade 10 students will complete an Interest Inventory beginning spring 2017. New state law requires that counselors use the results of this inventory to schedule 11th and 12 grade school years.|
|Lab Science, Biology, Chemistry||3||3. All students in Tennessee must sit for the ACT at least once. No minimum score required.|
|World History, US History, Economics (1/2), US Government (1/2)||3||4. State and district mandated elective focus areas must be followed. This includes transfer students.|
|5. Central students are allowed ONE non-credit class per year. This includes Study Hall and office/teacher assistants. Permission for a 2nd free period must come from administration.|
|Personal Finance||0.5||Allowable Substitutions|
|Lifetime Wellness & PE||1.5||Lifetime Wellness/PE||AJ ROTC I and II|
|Fine Arts||1||US Government/Personal Finance||AJ ROTC I, II and III|
|Elective Focus||3||Foreign Language/Fine Art||2 years (6 credits) of the same vocational program and a signed letter of agreement from parent|
|Total Units||22||Other core classes||Various dual enrollment-See Counselor